Walter Knoll Florist started in Saint Louis, Missouri, at the corner of Holly Hills and Idaho on April 4th, 1883. The Florist has been in continuous operation by the Knoll family since that time. Currently the company is being run by 4th and 5th generations of the family.
Walter Knoll is a full service florist, offering custom design by expert designers as well as nationally advertised features. They offer huge inventory and selection that only the largest florist can offer with quality and care that no grocery store florist can meet. Services include: State of the art ordering; 24 hour services; world-wide delivery; and competitive pricing. Complete satisfaction is guaranteed on all products and services.
1883 Opened Knoll Florist at Holly Hills and Idaho
1926 Bought First Delivery Truck
1933 Opened Gravois Location
1938 Moved Gravois Store to South Kingshighway
1949 Moved for South Kingshighway to 5501 Chippewa St
1965 Walter Knoll Florist Expands the Chippewa Store to 8,000 sq feet
1966 Walter Knoll Purchases, Harold's Flowers, Gift Flowers, and Pelletiers Flowers
1977 Moved wholesales operations into the century electric building
1985 Walter Knoll Opened the First Floral Web Site in the world. Built the Arnold Greenhouse campus and plant acclimation center. Moved out of the Century Electric Building 1831 Chestnut to Arnold Campus
1988 Opened Olivette Store
1991 Purchased Herman Knoll Florist 8631 Watson Rd
1999 Opened Ballwin and Saint Charles Store
2002 Moved Saint Charles Store to O'Fallon, Walter Knoll Florist moved it main office to historic Saint Louis Florist Row where we occupies more than 60,000 Square feet.
Currently there are 8 Walter Knoll locations: 7 retail outlets, and 2 wholesale facilities.